Ripple is an interesting currency with its individual features. If you look at it from a technical point of view, you can understand that this crypto seems more like a token than a full-fledged coin. This means that its speed will be quite high, while certain individuals control the total emissions on absolutely centralized grounds.
However, we are here not to judge or praise it. Let’s talk about XRP wallets available on the market.
Creating a Ripple wallet is pretty simple. The main thing is to choose the right one from a vast variety:
1. Ledger Nano S (Cold/offline wallet)
Ledger Nano S, provides the maximum level of security of funds. A cold ripple wallet is much safer than others. To start using it, you need to purchase an external device on the developer’s official website, and then wait for the parcel to arrive. Then you should register on the official website by creating a recovery code phrase.
– Private keys are stored in encrypted form on the device itself, which ensures a high level of safety and privacy.
– Easy device management and intuitive interface Ledger Live.
– Ability to select a second PIN and password that will open access to another account.
– XRP support and many other crypto assets. At the same time, the list is continuously expanding.
– The ability to restore access to funds even with other devices and storages (if necessary) with the help of seed phrases.
– difficulties in obtaining small amounts. It is impossible to set up withdrawal of earnings from mining or another type of activity directly to the wallet; you need to use an intermediary service for microtransactions to accumulate a more substantial amount.
– the relatively high cost of the device.
– the need to keep a sheet of paper with a phrase-phrase makes a hardware wallet look like a paper one, since in both cases, having gained access to a sheet of paper, you can steal the funds.
2. XRP official paper wallet (Cold/offline wallet)
For a long-term investment, you can use the paper version of the traditional wallet for XRP. You will be offered to independently generate a key to which the wallet address will be created along with a unique QR code.
– the ability to physically store account data in the XRP ecosystem;
– a high level of protection against the hackers
– limited functionality of the wallet compared to competitors.
– the rate of use of funds will be much lower than in the same cold or mobile.
3. Exarpy (Cold/web wallet)
If we talk about the storage of XRP, then cold/online wallets are a little different than similar services for other coins. To create an offline Exarpy wallet, you must first go to the official developer site exarpy.com, then turn off the Internet and Wi-Fi.
– a reliable client that provides the ability to receive and send XRP cryptocurrency without additional fees;
– the level of safety and security is substantial;
– the wallet is completely free and has excellent functionality;
– this wallet is centralized and has a closed source code;
– there is no multi-signature or two-factor authentication;
4. Atomic Wallet (Desktop/mobile wallet)
Atomic Wallet, is a multi-currency wallet with the possibility of exchanging coins through the Atomic Swap and the built-in exchange.
– easy installation, the quick generation of addresses for leading cryptos;
– the ability to exchange coins without an intermediary using Atomic Swap technology;
– the wallet does not take up much space, and it is quickly downloaded and installed.
– the user rests completely responsible for security (true for all wallets);
– hardware wallet integration is still pending;
– very limited number of coins support atomic swaps
5. Toast wallet (Desktop/mobile wallet)
The goal of the creators of the Toast Wallet wallet was ambitious – to make it so simple that it was easy for even older men to figure it out. Also, reliable enough so that a mature Swiss banker would not refuse to use it.
– the presence of different versions – desktop, mobile, browser;
– ease of use;
– the ability to create multiple addresses;
– no commissions.
– only works with XRP;
– with the loss of a code phrase and backup, you will not be able to restore access to your funds.
6. Cryptonator (Desktop/mobile wallet)
Cryptonator is a web wallet for dozens of different cryptocurrencies (including XRP). After a user registers on the site, he will get access to all the wallets for different cryptocurrencies.
– beautiful design;
– support more than a dozen different coins;
– low transfer fees;
– there is no possibility to make a copy of the wallet;
– lack of access to the private keys of the wallets, which makes it impossible to participate in hard forks.
7. Coinpayments (Web/mobile wallet)
CoinPayments is a multi-currency wallet with support for +900 altcoins and API for merchants.
– besides XRP, it supports many exotic altcoins (digibyte, curecoin, potcoin, etc.)
– the maximum transaction accuracy – up to 8 decimals.
– link for anonymous use of the service on the TOR network.
– in 2017, Coinpayments’s reputation was seriously damaged with a hacker attack.
– lots of contradictory feedbacks regarding this wallet may prevent newbies from using it.
8. Edge wallet (Mobile wallet)
Edge is a mobile wallet with an emphasis on simplicity, usability, and security.
Edge developers own another Airbitz crypto wallet, created in 2014. Unfortunately, it was not possible to implement all the ideas on the Airbitz platform, and therefore, the authors created a new application, Edge.
– fast currency exchange inside the wallet
– access via PIN or Touch ID
– automatic backup
– access recovery using login-password
– client-Side Encryption
– not all features are currently active.
– some readability problems on mobile display
9. Abra wallet (Mobile wallet)
Mobile phones have long been a worthy alternative to personal computers – so consider the developers of ABRA. Therefore, they have released their wallet exclusively for mobile platforms. It can be used both on Android and iOS smartphones immediately after downloading from the store.
– increased transaction speed;
– attractive interface;
-sharpened for mobile platforms, which repels those who like to keep their assets on a personal computer.
10. Gatehub (Web wallet)
Fans of a high level of comfort and usability will like the Gatehub wallet. You simply need to register on the site gatehub.net, and then confirm the creation of an account via mail.
– high level of comfort similar to fiat wallets like Paypal or Revolut with comparable functionality.
– it is impossible to create keys for recovery, which makes the wallet vulnerable to hacker attacks.
We considered all possible options where to store your XRP. The above-described types of wallets can satisfy the needs of their user, no matter how specific they are. After examining each of them, you can understand what kind of wallet for your ripples is needed.
Don’t forget that You can both register a ripple wallet online or buy a hardware one with a higher level of protection. The choice should mostly depend on the available capital. Large amounts are best kept in “cold” wallets, while if you are trading a lot – the best option would be a multi-currency wallet, inside which you can exchange one cryptocurrency for another.